We safely and securely hold your personal data for a variety of business purposes.
This policy sets out how we seek to protect your personal data and ensure that China Travel Outbound understands the rules governing the use of personal data to which they have access to in the course of their work.
Business purposes include the following:
- Marketing and communication purposes to keep you informed about the updates happening within our organisation, and in the Chinese travel and tourism market
Sensitive personal data
We do not hold any personal data about you relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership (or non-membership), physical or mental health or condition, criminal offences, or related proceedings.
Fair and lawful processing
We process personal data fairly and lawfully in accordance with your rights. This means that we should not process personal data unless the individual whose details we are processing has provided consent for this.
Our marketing responsibilities
- Approving data protection statements attached to emails and other marketing copy
- Addressing data protection queries from partners and target audiences
The processing of all data must be:
- Necessary to deliver our services
- In our legitimate interests and not unduly prejudice of your privacy
The following provisions will come into effect on or before 25 May 2018.
Privacy Notice – transparency of data protection
Being transparent and providing accessible information to individuals we have on our marketing and communications database about how we will use personal data is important for our organisation.
The following are details on how we collect data and what we will do with it:
1. What information is being collected
- Email Address
2. Who is collecting it
- China Travel Outbound (Brighton Office)
3. How is it collected
- The CTO website’s e-newsletter sign-up form
- Contact information via business cards
- Email correspondence
4. Why is it being collected
- To communicate with audiences interested in updates from China Travel Outbound and activities relating to the Chinese tourism market, specifically travel, business, culture, retail, hospitality, mobile, social media, ecommerce
5. How will it be used
- For e-newsletter communications via email (sent via MadMimi)
6. Who will it be shared with
- Our office in Beijing
7. Retention period
- Until stated
The data that we collect is subject to consent by the data subject (yourself). You can revoke this consent at any time.
Right to be forgotten
You may request that any personal information held by us is deleted or removed. You can also unsubscribe from our e- newsletters at any time.